16 ozbow tie pasta, farfalle
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 lblean ground beef
1 jar(s)spaghetti sauce, your choice (14 ounces)
2 cricotta cheese or low fat cottage cheese
4 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Bow-Tie Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease 13x9 rectangular baking dish.
- In large pot boil 4 qts water and partially cook pasta for half of the directed time.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat, add onion and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in beef and cook until lightly browned about 3 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and partially cover the skillet, simmer for 5 minutes.
- In small bowl mix ricotta or cottage cheese with egg and Parmesan.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly, layer half the pasta in the pan.
- Spoon half the meat mixture over the pasta.
- Spoon cheese mixture over the meat.
- Sprinkle with half the mozzarella.
- Make another layer with the remaining pasta, then the meat, then the mozzarella.
- Cover pan with foil, spraying the inside facing the cheese with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until heated through.