Blue Ribbon Baked Mac and Cheese
Since I have Celiac we use 2 tbsp of Wendy Warks flour blend (using guar gum instead of xanthan gum) and rice pasta.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, cold
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- 8 oz
- velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- macaroni or other type of noodle
How to Make Blue Ribbon Baked Mac and Cheese
- 1Boil water and cook macaroni or other pasta for 8 minutes, drain.
- 2Melt margarine, salt, pepper, and flour together in a saucepan, add milk and stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken.
- 3Add cubed Velveeta cheese and continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted.
- 4In a casserole dish, add the cooked macaroni, then pour the cheese sauce on top. Stir with a spatula so it's well combined. Sprinkle the cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- 5Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until bubbling.
- 6You can also substitute light cream cheese for half of the Velveeta cheese to make it even creamier. We like to triple the recipe and freeze the unbaked portions for easy dinners.