I like to use shell macaroni and I also prefer to cube the cheese because then you get these nice pockets of cheese throughout the dish.
And if you don’t like the spice, it’s great without the jalapeños, too. I’ve been toying with the idea adding some chopped bacon. YUM!
- 16 oz
- bag of large shell, elbow, or spiral macaroni
- 8 oz
- package of cream cheese (softened)
- heaping tbsp. of sour cream
- 1/2 pt
- heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz
- cubed or shredded extra sharp tillamook cheddar
- 8 oz
- cubed or shredded medium tillamook cheddar
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- nacho sliced jalapeño peppers, diced
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 to 3/4 c
- italian seasoned bread crumbs (add more if mixture is too wet)
How to Make Bit-O-Heat Heart-Attack-Mac
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Boil pasta according to directions on bag.
- 3While pasta is cooking, cut up cheese and jalapenos.
- 4Drain pasta. Return to pan and add package of softened cream cheese.
- 5Stir until melted and pasta is coated. Add sour cream and whipping cream. Mix well.
- 6Stir in sharp cheddar, medium cheddar, and jalapeños until evenly distributed.
- 7Transfer to 13”x9” baking dish. Bake in oven until bubbly, 20-25 minutes.
- 8While pasta is baking, melt butter and combine with bread crumbs.
- 9After 20-25 minutes are up, top with bread crumb mixture and broil on low until golden brown.