I like to use shell macaroni and I also prefer to cube the cheese because then you get these nice pockets of cheese throughout the dish.
And if you don’t like the spice, it’s great without the jalapeños, too. I’ve been toying with the idea adding some chopped bacon. YUM!
16 ozbag of large shell, elbow, or spiral macaroni
8 ozpackage of cream cheese (softened)
3-4heaping tbsp. of sour cream
1/2 ptheavy whipping cream
8 ozcubed or shredded extra sharp tillamook cheddar
8 ozcubed or shredded medium tillamook cheddar
1/2 to 3/4 cnacho sliced jalapeño peppers, diced
1 to 3/4 citalian seasoned bread crumbs (add more if mixture is too wet)
How to Make Bit-O-Heat Heart-Attack-Mac
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil pasta according to directions on bag.
- While pasta is cooking, cut up cheese and jalapenos.
- Drain pasta. Return to pan and add package of softened cream cheese.
- Stir until melted and pasta is coated. Add sour cream and whipping cream. Mix well.
- Stir in sharp cheddar, medium cheddar, and jalapeños until evenly distributed.
- Transfer to 13”x9” baking dish. Bake in oven until bubbly, 20-25 minutes.
- While pasta is baking, melt butter and combine with bread crumbs.
- After 20-25 minutes are up, top with bread crumb mixture and broil on low until golden brown.