★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cpenne pasta
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 cpepperjack cheese, shredded
1/2 cparmesan cheese
How to Make Best ever Mac & Cheese-Seriously
- Boil pasta per package. Drain, don't rinse, set aside. Pre-heat oven at 375.
Melt butter in medium sauce pan, whisk in flour and cook on medium for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in milk, cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thick and bubbly. Add 3/4 cup each, chedder and pepperjack cheeses, stir until melted, add the parmesan and garlic powder. (Use as much as you like.)
- Taste the sauce to make sure it's to your liking, fold in the pasta until well combined. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses and bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Turn off the oven, open the door and let the mac & cheese sit for about 30 minutes-this is key. Once that time is up, serve and enjoy!
- I change the cheese in this almost every time I make it; I've used sharp chedder and white american with excellent results. Think outside the box with this one!!!