Beefy Shells & Cheese Dinner
*I omitted the water and cooked the macaroni separately because I was afraid that it would make it too runny.
**I used red kidney beans instead because I couldn't get any black beans (the store was out).
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 pkg
- (12 oz.) shells and cheese dinner mix (such as velveeta)
- 2 c
- water* (see my notes)
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 (15 oz.) can(s)
- black beans** (see my notes)
- 1 to 2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/8 tsp
How to Make Beefy Shells & Cheese Dinner
- 1In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- 2Set aside cheese sauce packet from dinner mix; add shells and water to skillet; bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta I tender.
- 3Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, salt and contents of the cheese sauce packet; remove from heat and cover; let stand for 5 minutes.