Beef Tips and Noodles
It surpassed my expectations. I usually make my Beef Tips and Noodles from Rib Eyes as I did this time. You could serve this to your future mother and father in-law.
I didn't tire of it right up through the second serving, later that day. And had half the noodles left over for another something.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Before you make this for the first time, I feel as though I should caution you about tasting as you go... My daughter-in-law, Krissi, and I tasted the sauce as we were cooking and just could NOT stop eating it!
This is a delicious dish that would be terrific for a cozy night in or for serving to party guests. The yummy sauce would also be tasty served with a French Dip or similar sandwich for a heavy lunch. Enjoy! The Test Kitchen
1rib eye steak 6 oz. more for a crowd
1 largeportabella mushroom (used half of large one)
1 pkgnoodles cooked (martha gooch's kluski noodles 8 oz.)
1 tspolive oil for noodle pot
1/2 tspblack pepper
2beef boullion cubes for gravy
2 Tbspcorn starch for gravy
1 1/2 cwater for gravy
1/4 tspkitchen bouquet to darken gravy
1/4 stickbutter for cooked noodles
How to Make Beef Tips and Noodles
- For Noodles: Bring 4 cups water to boil. Add 8 oz. dried noodles, 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon salt after coming to a boil. Cook noodles per package directions. I cooked an additional 8 minutes.
- In fry pan cook Rib Eye steak to Medium Rare. Remove from pan and slice and cube to 1/4" by 1/4".
- Slice and cube Portabella Mushroom to 1/4" by 1/4" cubes, in separate fry pan sautee mushrooms in 1 teaspoon Olive Oil and 2 teaspoons Butter over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add cubed Rip Eye to Mushroom pan and keep warm. I had an equal amount of Rib Eye and Mushroom.
- Add two beef bouillon cubes to 1/2 cup water and nuke for two minutes. Dissolve Bouillon cubes and add to pan steak was fried in, bring to low simmer and add additional cup of water. Add 2 tablespoons of corn starch to 1/2 cup cold water and make slurry.
- At low simmer add Corn Starch slurry to pan and stir and increase heat to thicken Gravy. Add 1/4 teaspon Kitchen Bouquet to darken. Add salt and pepper to taste.Makes 2 cups.
- Drain Noodles and melt 2 tablespoons of butter in them , stir and plate some. Place Cubed Rib Eye and Portabella Mushrooms on Noodles. Top with Gravy and serve. Compliment with Vegetable or Salad of your choice.
- I made two single meals out of this and still have 1/2 the noodles for other offerings. I will make Chicken Noodle Soup or freeze the remaining noodles.
- I could have added a quarter cup of sweet red wine to the gravy the last few minutes, but chose not to this time.
- This was a Real Pleasure. I could also have added 1/3 to 1/2 cup of Sour Cream to the Gravy and I would have had an excellent Beef Stroganoff. I at times prepare this with a mild Tomato Gravy rather than a brown gravy, it is also excellent.
- Note: A second Rib Eye steak and all of the very large Portabella Mushroom and the noodles would have served four people amply. You have to pay attention to discern the difference between the steak and the mushroom. The noodles were a treat, and would make the Very Best -- Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Note: You could use cube roast meat for this if you slow cooked it in the oven for one to two hours in some beef juice or gravy. Rib Eye or a tender steak negates the need for this.