1 lbground beef
1 largechopped onion
1garlic clove, finely chopped
8 ozmozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cbread crumbs
·salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbspparsley, chopped
18pasta shells, giant
1 jar(s)spaghetti sauce
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Beef Stuffed Shells
- Brown ground meat, onion and garlic.
- Drain and cool.
- Cook shells in boiling water about 15 minutes, drain.
- Into meat mixture, stir in mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, egg and seasonings.
- Spread 1/4 of the jar of sauce into a 13x9 baking dish.
- Stuff the shells with the meat mixture and place in dish on top of sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over the stuffed shells and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Freezing instructions: I have frozen this dish several times with success.
- Use the foil pans for this or put foil in your baking dish before the sauce and assembling shells.
- You can cook the shells then cool and freeze; thaw and reheat at 350 degrees until heated through.
- You can also freeze the stuffed shells before cooking, then thaw and cook as directed.
- The only thing I have noticed when freezing is that you may need to add more sauce over the top.