Beef Stroganoff - two ways
1 lblean ground beef or sirloin steak sliced 1/4" x 2" strips
·salt and pepper to taste
12-16 ozfresh mushrooms - sliced
1/2 cyellow onion - finely diced
1 clovefresh garlic - minced
1beef bouillon, cubes (knorr)
1/2-1 csour cream
1 Tbspitalian parsley - chopped
How to Make Beef Stroganoff - two ways
- If using sirloin strips, season with salt and pepper, mixing to combine. Set aside.
- Melt 2 TBSP butter in skillet, and saute sliced mushrooms over medium high heat till golden 3-5 minutes, remove to a plate and reserve.
- MEAT STRIPS method- melt 2 TBSP butter in skillet, and saute onion and garlic over medium high heat till translucent 3-5 minutes. Add Meat strips to skillet and cook stirring until browned.
- GROUND BEEF METHOD- brown the meat with the onion and garlic, drain the fat. Sprinkle flour over and stir into cooked mixture.
- Add mushrooms back to skillet.
Stir in the bouillon and water.
Bring to a simmer and cook 2-3 minutes stirring frequently.
Turn off heat.
Add sour cream and parsley, stir to combine and serve over noodles.