Beef Stroganoff - two ways
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef or sirloin steak sliced 1/4" x 2" strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- 12-16 oz
- fresh mushrooms - sliced
- 1/2 c
- yellow onion - finely diced
- 1 clove
- fresh garlic - minced
- beef bouillon, cubes (knorr)
- 1 c
- 1/2-1 c
- sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- italian parsley - chopped
- egg noodles
How to Make Beef Stroganoff - two ways
- 1If using sirloin strips, season with salt and pepper, mixing to combine. Set aside.
- 2Melt 2 TBSP butter in skillet, and saute sliced mushrooms over medium high heat till golden 3-5 minutes, remove to a plate and reserve.
- 3MEAT STRIPS method- melt 2 TBSP butter in skillet, and saute onion and garlic over medium high heat till translucent 3-5 minutes. Add Meat strips to skillet and cook stirring until browned.
- 4GROUND BEEF METHOD- brown the meat with the onion and garlic, drain the fat. Sprinkle flour over and stir into cooked mixture.
- 5Add mushrooms back to skillet.
Stir in the bouillon and water.
Bring to a simmer and cook 2-3 minutes stirring frequently.
Turn off heat.
Add sour cream and parsley, stir to combine and serve over noodles.