★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- round steak
- 1 pkg
- dry onion soup mix
- salt, pepper, and flour
- 1/4 c
- cooking oil
- 2 -3 oz can(s)
- mushrooms stems and pieces
- sour cream
- 1 bag
- egg noodles, prepared by pkg. instructions.
How to Make Beef Stroganoff over Egg Noodles
- 1Slice meat into thin slices. Coat raw meat with flour and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Brown meat lightly in a bit of oil, in a large, heavy ovenproof skillet. Remove meat from skillet.
- 3Reserving mushroom liquid, add drained mushrooms to skillet. Sprinkle with dry soup mix and pepper.
- 4Add enough water to reserved mushroom liquid to equal one cup and pour into skillet.
- 5Return meat to skillet and mix well, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Stirring occasionally.
- 6Mix in sour cream and simmer 10 more minutes.
- 7Serve over egg noodles which have been prepared according to package directions.