Beef Stroganoff By Gary1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- beef, 1
- 1 1/2 lb
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh dill
- 25 oz
- red wine, dry, full bodied
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- garlic cloves, minced
- bay leaf
- 2 c
- beef stock
- salt and pepper
- flour for dredging
How to Make Beef Stroganoff By Gary
- 1Peel and chop onions.
- 2If large mushrooms are being used, slice into rather large slices.
- 3If using small mushrooms; leave them whole.
- 4Dredge beef cubes in flour and give them a light coating.
- 5Heat a large stewing pot and add olive oil.
- 6Brown beef cubes thoroughly in olive oil.
- 7Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and saute lightly.
- 8Add red wine (all) and enough beef stock to barely cover the ingredients.
- 9Add bay leaf (broken) and dill.
- 10Salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Add tomato paste.
- 12Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 2 hours or until beef is very tender.
- 13The cooking liquid will thicken from the flour in which you dredged the beef.
- 14The desired result is that the ingredients are coated with a thick gravy.
- 15If more liquid is needed during the cooking process, add additional beef stock sparingly.
- 16Be careful that you scrape the bottom of the pot when stirring to prevent flour from sticking and burning.
- 17Just before ready to serve, mix in 1 1/2 cups sour cream.
- 18Place into a casserole dish or tureen and garnish with sprigs of fresh dill.
- 19Serve with rice or buttered noodles.