Beef Stroganoff By Gary1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbbeef, 1
1 1/2 lbmushrooms
2 Tbspfresh dill
25 ozred wine, dry, full bodied
1 1/2 csour cream
1 Tbsptomato paste
3 Tbspolive oil
2garlic cloves, minced
2 cbeef stock
1salt and pepper
1flour for dredging
How to Make Beef Stroganoff By Gary
- Peel and chop onions.
- If large mushrooms are being used, slice into rather large slices.
- If using small mushrooms; leave them whole.
- Dredge beef cubes in flour and give them a light coating.
- Heat a large stewing pot and add olive oil.
- Brown beef cubes thoroughly in olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and saute lightly.
- Add red wine (all) and enough beef stock to barely cover the ingredients.
- Add bay leaf (broken) and dill.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato paste.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 2 hours or until beef is very tender.
- The cooking liquid will thicken from the flour in which you dredged the beef.
- The desired result is that the ingredients are coated with a thick gravy.
- If more liquid is needed during the cooking process, add additional beef stock sparingly.
- Be careful that you scrape the bottom of the pot when stirring to prevent flour from sticking and burning.
- Just before ready to serve, mix in 1 1/2 cups sour cream.
- Place into a casserole dish or tureen and garnish with sprigs of fresh dill.
- Serve with rice or buttered noodles.