- 1 1/2 lb
- beef round steak chopped in small stips 1/8 x 1inch pieces, or any size you like
- shallot, minced
- garlic, minced
- onion medium chopped
- 1/4-1/2 c
- burgundy wine more or less
- 1 pkg
- beef stroganoff seasoning packet durkee etc
- 8 oz
- sour cream
How to Make Beef Stroganoff
- 1Heat olive oil in a skillet add the garlic, onion, and shallot. Cook until translucent. In the meantimne....
- 2Cut round steak into bite size pieces. The longer this cut of meat cooks the more tender it becomes. You can substitute any cut you prefer.
- 3Add the cut up meat into the skillet with the Onion, Garlic and Shallot. Once the meat is good and brown add the burgundy wine to the mixture. Turn heat to simmer This will cook down rather quickly, so add a little more cover and simmer on a very low heat, until meat is at desired tenderness. In the meantime.....
- 4Cook the pasta according to package directions. KLUSKI noodles are my preference for this receipe, but you can use any noodle you like.
- 5While noodles are cooking prepare Beef Stoganoff packet according to the directions. I also add a little more sour cream than it calls for because I love the creaminess.
- 6add the sour cream mixture to skillet 5 min before you are ready to serve.
- 7Spoon mixture over noodles and enjoy.