1 1/2 lbbeef round steak chopped in small stips 1/8 x 1inch pieces, or any size you like
1onion medium chopped
1/4-1/2 cburgundy wine more or less
1 pkgbeef stroganoff seasoning packet durkee etc
8 ozsour cream
How to Make Beef Stroganoff
- Heat olive oil in a skillet add the garlic, onion, and shallot. Cook until translucent. In the meantimne....
- Cut round steak into bite size pieces. The longer this cut of meat cooks the more tender it becomes. You can substitute any cut you prefer.
- Add the cut up meat into the skillet with the Onion, Garlic and Shallot. Once the meat is good and brown add the burgundy wine to the mixture. Turn heat to simmer This will cook down rather quickly, so add a little more cover and simmer on a very low heat, until meat is at desired tenderness. In the meantime.....
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. KLUSKI noodles are my preference for this receipe, but you can use any noodle you like.
- While noodles are cooking prepare Beef Stoganoff packet according to the directions. I also add a little more sour cream than it calls for because I love the creaminess.
- add the sour cream mixture to skillet 5 min before you are ready to serve.
- Spoon mixture over noodles and enjoy.