How to Make Beef Stroganoff
- Stir oil and meat in 2 quart casserole until beef is coated.
- Cover and microwave on high (100%)) until meat is no longer pink, 4 1/2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove meat from casserole; reserve meat and juices.
- Add mushrooms and onion to meat juices. Cover and microwave until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Shake water and flour in tightly covered jar; stir into mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Microwave uncovered to boiling, 30 seconds.
- Boil until thickened, 1 minute.
- Stir in reserved meat, then sour cream.
- Microwave uncovered until hot, about 1 minute.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or hot cooked noodles.