How to Make Beef & Noodles with a Mystery Ingredient
- Lightly dust beef cubes with flour and brown in a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Leaving the meat in the pan, deglaze the pan with the red wine, and add both the onion soup mix and the mushroom soup.
- Stir well to mix and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and let simmer for a couple of hours or until meat is tender.
- Dice the dill pickle and add it and the pickle juice to the beef mixture. (Do NOT use kosher or garlic flavored pickles.)
- The pickle is the secret ingredient for this dish and must be used to provide the right flavor.
- Check the pan every 1/2 hour or so and stir to keep it from sticking.
- I use a heat diffuser under the pan to ensure that the mixture doesn't stick.