Barbecued Shrimp & Pasta
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- butter, unsalted
- 3 Tbsp
- onion, finely chopped
- 3 tsp
- cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp
- hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 1 lb
- shrimp, peeled
- 12 oz
- thin spaghetti pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
How to Make Barbecued Shrimp & Pasta
- 1Boil water for Pasta. Don't forget to salt your water.
- 2Clarify the butter by melting butter in small saucepan on low heat. Remove from heat, when milk solids separate from the golden liquid. Skim off milk solids.
- 3Add onion, Cajun seasoning, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, garlic, and lemon juice
- 4Remove shells and tales from shrimp. Put shrimp on skewers and place in shallow baking pan.
- 5Divide butter sauce in half, spooning half of the butter sauce over shrimp. Let shrimp marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 6Boil water for pasta and preheat grill.
- 7Place pasta in the pot and boil according to the directions on the box.
- 8Place shrimp on grill over medium/high heat. Grill 3-4 minutes on each side until opaque. Watch for flare-ups due to the butter. Do not overcook.
- 9Drain pasta, take remaining butter sauce and Parmesan cheese and mix together.
- 10Serve pasta with shrimp on top. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.