Barbecued Shrimp & Pasta
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cbutter, unsalted
3 Tbsponion, finely chopped
3 tspcajun seasoning
2 tsphot pepper sauce
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 clovegarlic, minced
4 Tbsplemon juice, fresh
1 lbshrimp, peeled
12 ozthin spaghetti pasta (or your favorite pasta)
1/2 cparmigiano-reggiano, grated
How to Make Barbecued Shrimp & Pasta
- Boil water for Pasta. Don't forget to salt your water.
- Clarify the butter by melting butter in small saucepan on low heat. Remove from heat, when milk solids separate from the golden liquid. Skim off milk solids.
- Add onion, Cajun seasoning, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, garlic, and lemon juice
- Remove shells and tales from shrimp. Put shrimp on skewers and place in shallow baking pan.
- Divide butter sauce in half, spooning half of the butter sauce over shrimp. Let shrimp marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Boil water for pasta and preheat grill.
- Place pasta in the pot and boil according to the directions on the box.
- Place shrimp on grill over medium/high heat. Grill 3-4 minutes on each side until opaque. Watch for flare-ups due to the butter. Do not overcook.
- Drain pasta, take remaining butter sauce and Parmesan cheese and mix together.
- Serve pasta with shrimp on top. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.