16 ozlasagna noodles
2 lbpulled pork in barbeque sauce
16 ozshredded mozzarella cheese
16 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
16 ozcontainer ricotta cheese
1/4 tspblack pepper
How to Make Barbecue Lasagna
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the lasagna noodles in the boiling water until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Bring the pork in barbeque sauce to a simmer in a large pot over medium heat; keep warm at a slow simmer.
- Toss the mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese together in a bowl. Beat the ricotta cheese, egg, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Spread a layer of the barbeque sauce into the bottom of a large, deep baking dish. Lay enough lasagna noodles over the sauce to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread an even layer of the pulled pork in barbeque sauce over the noodles; top with a layer of the ricotta mixture and the mozzarella and Cheddar cheese mixture. Repeat layering. Finish the assembly by topping with a layer of the ricotta mixture, a thin layer of the pork, and a light sprinkling of the cheese mixture. Reserve a small portion of the cheese mixture for later.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Top the lasagna with the reserved cheese mixture and return to over until the cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.