Craving this one year I ventured out on my own and created this perfecting it for the last 15 years. It is final worthy of posting.
1 lbitalian sausage, hot
3/4 cred wine
1/2 boxpenne pasta
1/2 cparmesan cheese
10 ozricotta cheese
1 jar(s)spaghetti sauce
How to Make Baked Ziti
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil inti a fry pan. Heat on med high. Sauté notions until opaque just starting to brown. Add in sliced mushrooms and sauté until cooked. Add pressed garlic. Sir for on min. Remove onion mixture to a plate.
- Cut sausage into about one inch circles. Removing any casing on the sausage. Add to the hot fry pan and cook until browned and cooked through (no longer pink) as soon as sausage is browned through
. If you have too much oil at the bottom of the pan take a clean dry paper towel and push it into the oil to sopp it up.
add wine to the sausage in pan, stirring and deglazing the pan. (scrapping all of the good browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until wine is almost gone about 5 minutes. Trun off stove add onion mushroom mixture into pan on top of sausage. do not stir.
- Cook your pasta as directed for aldente
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a 9x13 pan add the cook pasta sprinkle grated parmasian (best to use the grated type not the Kraft ground up kind), sprinkle Mozzetta, drop ricotta by the spoonful on top of the Mozzetta, spred the onion mushroom sausage mixture over the top of the ricotta and stir all together. Lightly push with the back of a wooden spoon mixter back into the pan to form a smooth top. Pour a small jar of sauce over top smoothing the sauce over the top of the pasta mixture.put aluminum foil over the pan an seal by crimping the foil over the edges.
- Cook for about 45 min - 1 hour. Remove and serve with fresh garlic bread and a green veggie or salad.
Enjoy a nice glass of red wine and enjoy