Baked Spaghetti -- Italiano
I utilize my Spaghetti Sauce -- Italiano and Meat Balls -- Italiano (which see),to put this together.
Most people don't know pasta came from China to Arabia to Italy, read it's history at nibble.com.
Warm up the oven.
- 1 pkg
- spaghetti 16 oz.
- water to boil
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- cooking oil added to pot
- 2 to 3 oz
- cheese mozzarella, munster your choice
- use own sauce and meat balls or see mine
- sliced pepperoncini peppers (optional)
How to Make Baked Spaghetti -- Italiano
- 1Cook Spaghetti with a little salt and oil and drain. The oil helps reduce boil over but it still has to watched. Cube cheese and melt in hot spaghetti, distribute well. The cheese helps the sauce to adhere to the spaghetti. Don't over do the cheese or you will have cheese spaghetti.
- 2After cheese has been distributed and melted, add sauce and mix well again. reserve a little of the sauce for top.
- 3I pour this into two or three 9" by 5" bread pans to bake. Add Meat Balls on top if using (see mine). place a couple of pats of Butter on top. Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for approximately one hour. Remove foil last 15 or 20 minutes. Serve with some warm sliced Italian or French Bread and a Salad. I like a little Parmesan or Romano sprinkled atop mine.
- 4Note: I like the little bit of Zing that the Pepperoncini Peppers add to this dish. I mix it in after adding and mixing the sauce and sprinkle a little on top.