1 pkgsmoked sausage (beef)
2 can(s)spaghetti sauce
1 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tsponion powder
1/2 tspparsley flakes
1 boxziti pasta
4 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Baked Smoked Sausage Ziti
- Start by putting the ziti noodles to boil and drain.
- Slice smoked sausage into desired size pieces, the flatter and thinner the better and brown them in a skillet.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes,and salt in a sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes. (also add any other ingredients you like in your sauce, like peppers, at this time)
- Add browned smoked sausage to sauce and simmer an additional 5 minutes so that all ingredients flavors have time to combine.
- In a 9x9x2 glass baking dish start layering ingredients. First a small amount of spaghetti sauce on bottom of dish to keep noodles from sticking, then ziti noodles, then the rest of the spaghetti sauce, smother in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese has began to bubble and turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let stand 5 minutes then serve.