Baked Ravioli Lasagna
- 1 1/2-2 lb
- frozen cheese ravioli (or another favorite flavor of choice)
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, peeled and diced or minced
- 1 lb
- italian pork sausage (read intro)
- 2-4 clove
- fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 c
- white wine or broth
- 24 oz
- marinara sauce (3 cups)
- 1 c
- ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/2 c
- parmesan, freshly grated or similar italian hard cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- mozzarella, freshly grated, divided
- fresh herb for garnish (parsley or basil)
- black pepper, to taste
How to Make Baked Ravioli Lasagna
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pot, boil salted water and cook ravioli according to package directions, until pillowy and floating. Drain and toss gently with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion and sausage/pancetta/vegetarian meat sub, breaking into small pieces, cooking approx. 5 min (until pork is no longer pink or pancetta is cooked.) Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Deglaze pan with wine, if using, and reduce liquid approximately; 2 minutes. Add marinara sauce, cook until simmering, and remove from heat.
- 3Stir in ricotta or cottage cheese, cheese (reserve the other 3/4 cup cheese for melting on top). Add black pepper to taste. Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture on bottom of 2 quart baking dish. Place an even, single layer of ravioli over sauce. Add another 1/3 of the cheese-sauce mixture over ravioli. Repeat with layers of ravioli and sauce until all is added to pan, finishing with a thin layer of sauce over ravioli. Top with reserved cheese.
- 4Lightly oil parchment paper and place over pan, then cover completely with foil. Bake until bubbling and hot in center, approx. 30 min. Uncover and bake until browned slightly, 5 min. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley or basil and serve with a simple tossed green salad.