Baked Macaroni and Cheeses
My mother initially introduced me to this method but, over the years, I have made quite a few changes and based on the raving reviews, they were for the better.
- 1 lb
- box of any type pasta you like. i like ribbed elbows and curly macaroni for this. sometimes a ziti or penne is nice too.
- 2 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 1 Tbsp
- worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp
- horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp
- mustard-any kind
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 slice
- velveeta cheese
- 1 c
- shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 c
- shredded pepperjack cheese
- 3 c
- kraft cheddar melts or any blend of chesses
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheeses
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions. Pasta still needs to be al dente so it won't overcook while the casserole is baking. Drain well and set aside.
- 2While pasta is cooking, put all of the ingredients except for the cheeses in a blender. Blend them just before you are ready to pour over casserole.
- 3In a 13x9 casserole, cover the bottom with 1/2 of the pasta. Top with 8 slices of Velveeta Cheese,add the swiss and pepperjack. Make sure the cheeses are spread evenly. Layer remaining noodles over the cheeses. Top with 8 more slices of Velveeta then evenly spread the 3 cups of Kraft Cheddar Melts or blend of your choice on top of the slices.
- 4Blend all of the liquid ingredients well and immediately pour the mixture evenly over the macaroni and cheeses.
Hint-Some may like a little more milk. If you want more, evenly drizzle whole milk over the casserole. You can use up to 1/2 cup,if desired, No more.
- 5Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until lightly browned and bubbly. At least 45 mins,up to an hour.
Serve with anything or it's great all by itself!!