Baked Macaroni and Cheese (Southern)
1 1/2 csharp cheddar cheese
1 csour cream
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 largeloaf of bread, crusty on the ouside, chewy on the inside
1 cmelted butter
1 pkgmacaroni, large shells
1red onion, chopped
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese (Southern)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start the pasta boiling (do not rinse when done)
- In a large bowl, combine mayo, sour cream and soup.
- In a separate bowl, chunk up the bread into bite-sized pieces and toss with the melted butter. Set aside.
- Add hot pasta and sharp cheddar to the mayo mixture, stirring well. Spread into a greased casserole dish.
- Top the macaroni and cheese with the buttered bread cubes.
- Bake for about an hour or until the middle is bubbly. If the bread starts to get too golden before it's done baking, tent with foil.
- Serve and enjoy! There will be plenty of leftovers, which is the best part!