Aunt Elaines Gnocchi in Marinara Sauce
This is a family favorite. My Aunt was an amazing cook and learned how to cook wonderful italian meals from her mother in law. I am so thankful to her for passing on some of her recipes to me.
·2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil
·2 teaspoons minced garlic (you can use less, i love garlic)
·1 c diced red onion
·4oz baby portabello mushrooms, washed and sliced
·2 teaspoons italian seasoning
·1 teaspoon pepper
·salt to taste
·16 oz package of gnocchi
·1 large jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
·3/4 c shredded mozzerella
·1/4 c parmesan
How to Make Aunt Elaines Gnocchi in Marinara Sauce
- Put oil in a preheated pan and coat entire pan. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, and all seasonings. Cook until veggies start to get soft. Stirring continuously
- Add gnocchi and stir into veggies. Cook until gnocchi starts to become golden. Stir often.
- Add marinara sauce and stir into gnocchis. bring to a boil while continuously stirring.
- Turn the heat down and continue to cook a few more minutes in order for the flavors to mix together.
- When serving Spoon helping of gnocchi and veggies onto each dish and top off with parmesan and mozzerella cheese while its still hot so cheeses melt.