Aunt Elaines Gnocchi in Marinara Sauce
This is a family favorite. My Aunt was an amazing cook and learned how to cook wonderful italian meals from her mother in law. I am so thankful to her for passing on some of her recipes to me.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (you can use less, i love garlic)
- 1 c diced red onion
- 4oz baby portabello mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- 16 oz package of gnocchi
- 1 large jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- 3/4 c shredded mozzerella
- 1/4 c parmesan
How to Make Aunt Elaines Gnocchi in Marinara Sauce
- 1Put oil in a preheated pan and coat entire pan. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, and all seasonings. Cook until veggies start to get soft. Stirring continuously
- 2Add gnocchi and stir into veggies. Cook until gnocchi starts to become golden. Stir often.
- 3Add marinara sauce and stir into gnocchis. bring to a boil while continuously stirring.
- 4Turn the heat down and continue to cook a few more minutes in order for the flavors to mix together.
- 5When serving Spoon helping of gnocchi and veggies onto each dish and top off with parmesan and mozzerella cheese while its still hot so cheeses melt.