Asparagus Pasta Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
6-10 sprig(s)old or fresh asparagus
1 boxtri-coloured vegetable rotini
1/2 calfredo sauce
1/2 csour cream
1/2 mediumeach, chopped red pepper and green pepper
1/3 cchopped onion
1 cloveminced garlic
3/4 cbread crumbs
1-2 cgrated marble cheese
How to Make Asparagus Pasta Casserole
- Boil a pot of water large enough to fit the box of pasta. Pre-heat oven at 350.
- While waiting for the water to boil before putting the pasta in you can chop-up your peppers and onions, mince your clove of garlic, grate the cheese, cut off the woody bottom part of the asparagus and chop the rest of the sprig into 3-4 pieces. Put pasta in the boiling water and add a pinch of salt only if you want. Stir frequently.
- Just before the pasta is ready to your liking drain the water and then put pasta back into the pot. Put in all of the peppers, onions, garlic and asparagus and mix together. Now add in all of the sour cream and alfredo sauce blending it all together. Stir in 2/3's of the bread crumbs leaving the rest for topping.
- There should be just enough for either two(2) 8X8 casserole dishes or one(1) large casserole dish. Fill half of the dish up with mixture, put a layer of cheese over top leaving some for the top, then put in the rest of the mixture. Put the rest of the cheese on top of the mixture then flatten the rest of the bread crumbs on top of it all. Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on it if you desire.
- Place dish(es) into the oven and let warm for 25-30 minutes. If there is any of the mixture left over that would not fit in the dish then it's tasty to just eat as is.