Asparagus, Ham, Pasta Bake
- 8 oz
- linguini, or your favorite pasta
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3/4 lb
- ham or canadian bacon, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch
- scallions, chopped (reserving 1/2 cup darkest green pieces
- 2 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese (or a good swiss), divided
- 16 oz
- (2 cups) ricotta
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lb
- asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
How to Make Asparagus, Ham, Pasta Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
Grease a 9" X 13" baking dish.
- 2In a large skillet heat oil over a medium heat. Add ham and scallions to skillet, setting aside reserved green parts for topping. Saute until onion begins to soften. Set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine eggs, 1 1/2 cups of the grated cheese, ricotta, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Beat until very smooth.
- 4Boil pasta according to directions on box, adding asparagus during last minute of cooking. Rinse under cold water until cooled, and drain.
- 5Add drained noodles back to pot. Add ham and egg mixtures to noodles. Mix until well combined and pour into prepared dish.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and reserved scallions. Bake 15 minutes more. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve.