Asparagus, Ham, Pasta Bake
8 ozlinguini, or your favorite pasta
1 Tbspolive oil
3/4 lbham or canadian bacon, cubed into bite size pieces
1 bunchscallions, chopped (reserving 1/2 cup darkest green pieces
2 cgrated sharp cheddar cheese (or a good swiss), divided
16 oz(2 cups) ricotta
1 Tbspdijon mustard
1/2 tspfresh cracked pepper
1 lbasparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
How to Make Asparagus, Ham, Pasta Bake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
Grease a 9" X 13" baking dish.
- In a large skillet heat oil over a medium heat. Add ham and scallions to skillet, setting aside reserved green parts for topping. Saute until onion begins to soften. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine eggs, 1 1/2 cups of the grated cheese, ricotta, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Beat until very smooth.
- Boil pasta according to directions on box, adding asparagus during last minute of cooking. Rinse under cold water until cooled, and drain.
- Add drained noodles back to pot. Add ham and egg mixtures to noodles. Mix until well combined and pour into prepared dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and reserved scallions. Bake 15 minutes more. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve.