★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 ozcanadian bacon, sliced and cut into 1/4 inch strips
1 largeonion, thinnly sliced
1 1/4 cheavy cream
1/2 lbfresh asparagus, trimmed
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Asparagas and Pasta Parmesan
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Cut fresh asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces (if using frozen asparagus spears, add to skillet with bacon) and saute' with onion in butter until onions are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add bacon to asparsgus mixture, lower heat, cook covered (about 5 minutes) until asparagus is tender.
- Bring cream to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan. Boi gently for 2 minutes to reduce slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Add cream mixture to asparagus - bacon mixture. Add pepper to taste. Simmer 2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Drain fettuccine and tos with sauce. Serve with extra cheese. Yummy!