★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 12 oz
- 6 oz
- canadian bacon, sliced and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large
- onion, thinnly sliced
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 lb
- fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Asparagas and Pasta Parmesan
- 1Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2Cut fresh asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces (if using frozen asparagus spears, add to skillet with bacon) and saute' with onion in butter until onions are softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add bacon to asparsgus mixture, lower heat, cook covered (about 5 minutes) until asparagus is tender.
- 4Bring cream to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan. Boi gently for 2 minutes to reduce slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- 5Add cream mixture to asparagus - bacon mixture. Add pepper to taste. Simmer 2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- 6Drain fettuccine and tos with sauce. Serve with extra cheese. Yummy!