Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Feta Cheese
- 24 oz. angel hair pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 5 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. small shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pkg. fresh basil, slivered, 1/2 oz.
- 8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- large grind pepper to taste
How to Make Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Feta Cheese
- 1While pasta is cooking, in heavy large skillet, saute garlic in olive oil over medium high heat til fragrant. Add shrimp and saute til pink and cooked through
- 2Add white wine, stir and reduce slightly. Add tomatoes and lower heat. Add basil and feta cheese and stir to blend. season with salt and pepper to taste. Don't overcook shrimp or they become rubbery. Set shrimp mixture aside til pasta is done. Drain pasta and add to the sauce. Mix thoroughly and heat til warmed. Serves 4 to 6
- 3Ever wonder why you see numbers on packages of pasta, like Thin Spaghetti #9? In the early days, Irish, German, Italian, and Asian immigrants worked in pasta factories. They spoke so many different languages it was difficult for the factory managers to give instructions. In order to convey the distinctions between the various noodles, pastas were given numbers so that the employees understood which pasta they would make that day. "Today, we are making #9."