Angel Hair Pasta w/creamy Mushroom Sauce
I have used low fat milk, cream cheese and butter with great results.
- 4 oz
- angel hair or your favorite pasta
- 1 1/2 c
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 3 oz
- cream cheese -cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- snipped fresh chives
How to Make Angel Hair Pasta w/creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- 2Meanwhile, for sauce, in a med. saucepan cook the mushrooms and onion in the butter till they are tender.
- 3Stir in the cream cheese (I have used the low-fat and it tasted just as good) and salt and pepper.
- 4cook and stir over low heat till cheese is melted.
- 5gradually stir in the milk and chives; heat through.
- 6pour sauce over pasta. toss to coat and serve hot.