Angel Hair Pasta w/creamy Mushroom Sauce
I have used low fat milk, cream cheese and butter with great results.
4 ozangel hair or your favorite pasta
1 1/2 csliced fresh mushrooms
1 mediumonion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 Tbspbutter or margarine
3 ozcream cheese -cut into cubes
2 Tbspsnipped fresh chives
How to Make Angel Hair Pasta w/creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a med. saucepan cook the mushrooms and onion in the butter till they are tender.
- Stir in the cream cheese (I have used the low-fat and it tasted just as good) and salt and pepper.
- cook and stir over low heat till cheese is melted.
- gradually stir in the milk and chives; heat through.
- pour sauce over pasta. toss to coat and serve hot.