American Chop Suey
- 1 lb
- hamburg- fresh, 80%
- 1 box
- macaroni or any style you like
- 3 c
- tomato catsup or more if you like
- 1 can(s)
- campbell's tomato soup
- 1 large
- onion, chopped small
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper, easy on pepper
How to Make American Chop Suey
- 1Cook onion until translucent and add hamburg in skillet, cooking at a low simmer only until pink disappears. Pour off juices and fat.
- 2Cook Macaroni until al dente..don't over cook and then drain, don't have to rinse, put aside
- 3Add catsup, tomato soup, salt and pepper to hamburg mix in skillet and stir in. Let cook down for at least 20-30 minutes on slow simmer. Add Macaroni, stir in until all covered and blended. Put in container to remain over night in refrigerator. The flavors will blend nicely.
**You don't have to wait until next day it just is so much better if you wait. Try it both ways and you decide!