★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 c
- packed basil leaves
- 3 c
- flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 bunch
- scallions, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 5 clove
- juice and zest of one lemon or orange
- 11 oz
- jar of salad (green) olives, drained
- 3 oz
- bottle of capers, drained
- 1 c
- parmesean cheese
- hefty dash of red pepper flakes
- olive oil
How to Make Al Verde Sauce
- 1With food processor motor running, drop in the garlic, green onion, and zest. Process until well minced. Stop and scrape down the sides.
- 2Add as much basil and parsley as will fit. Process until “mushed”. Scrape down the sides. Process the rest. Add the olives, capers, citrus juice, hot pepper flakes, and cheese. Process likewise.
- 3With motor running, add enough olive oil to make a liquid consistency. You should get about 3 cups. 1 cup coats 1 pound of pasta. Serve at room temperature or “zapped” in microwave. Store in 1-cup containers and freeze.
- 4Unfrozen sauce keeps a month in the refrigerator. Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes, diced red onion, cucumbers, more cheese, and basil slivers. Also good mixed into a jar of marinara sauce – serve hot or cold. Add cooked shrimp, chicken, good quality Italian sausages…etc