3 Meat Meatballs
When I am making a pasta dish or a meatball sandwich I like to add hard salami and pepperoni to the mix. You'll be surprised at the difference it makes!
These are super simple to make and not at all expensive as you use a little of this and a little of that.
If you like hot spicy stuff then go nuts and add spicy ingredients to the recipe .. the days of plain old hamburger meatballs can be a thing of the past when you think outside the box.
2 ozground meat - beef or turkey recommended
1/2 ozhard salami
1/2 ozmozzarella cheese - shredded
1 Tbspfinely diced green bell pepper
1 Tbspfinely diced yellow onion
1/4 tspfreshly grated garlic
1/2 tspgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make 3 Meat Meatballs
- This recipe is for 8 small meatballs or 4 larger ones. If you like giant meatballs just double the recipe.
- I get my hard salami and my pepperoni sliced thin at the Deli.
- Place your ground meat in a bowl. I prefer 80/20 ground beef but ground turkey does well in this recipe also.
- Finely chop your salami and pepperoni.
Add all ingredients to the ground meat and mix well.
- Using a Tablespoon or a melon baller, form your mixture into like sized meatballs. If you want larger meatballs size them accordingly.
- Place into baking dish, cover and bake for about 20 minutes at 350.
- You can take the meatballs directly from the oven or drop them into your pasta sauce for a few minutes before serving the sauce and meatballs over a whirl of cooked spaghetti, Bucatini or Linguini.