15-Minute Creamy Fettuccini Alfredo
The ex, who very rarely comments on anything I cook, came out and said he really liked it, so hey, if HE likes it, it must be good.
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 3/4 c
- parmesan cheese, grated or shredded (fresh, not the stuff in the jar)
- 1 stick
- butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 8 oz
- fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 tsp
- fresh basil
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes to taste
How to Make 15-Minute Creamy Fettuccini Alfredo
- 1In a large saucepan, stir together the cream cheese, parmesan, butter, basil, garlic and pepperand cream. Heat, stirring, until smooth.
- 2Add hot, cooked fettuccini, and toss until well covered. Serve immediately, sprinkled with nutmeg (It brings out the flavor in the cream).