Yummy Yammy Cauliflower Soup
We love them baked like a baked potato, grilled, sauteed and in soups. The one way we do not like them is sweetened with sugars and marshmallows.
We also love cauliflower.
I make soup from both of these vegetables and thought perhaps a combo of the 2 would be a winner and it is!
If you like yams and if you like cauliflower you need to try this soup.
And feel free to jazz it up with some smoked meats if you don't like just vegetables.
2 cchicken broth or stock
1/2 cdiced celery
1clove garlic - minced
1/2 tspcelery salt
1/2 tspdried basil
1 tspsmoked paprika ( non smoked will work too)
1 tspred pepper flakes
·salt and pepper to taste
2 chalf and half or milk
·cooked chopped bacon
·shredded sharp cheddar cheese
·smoked ham or sausage
How to Make Yummy Yammy Cauliflower Soup
- Peel and chop yams into 1" cubes.
- Heat chicken broth to boiling and add yams, celery, carrot, onion, garlic and spices and cook over low heat until yams are soft.
Check regularly to be sure the water doesn't boil out .. add more if needed a little at a time.
- Cut cauliflower and steam until it is soft.
I like to steam the cauliflower because it leaves more flavor and it takes about the same time as boiling.
- Once all the vegies are done transfer to a large bowl and begin to cream them down with your immersion blender.
If you do not have an immersion blender you can use a regular blender.
- Slowly add the cream and mix well. Add more if needed until you get the thickness you prefer.
Return to stove and warm through.
- Serve with garnishes of sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon, chives and croutons.
- Additionally .. you can add chopped smokey ham or smokey sausage to the soup for another level of flavors.