Will Dodge's Oven Barbecued Venison Ribs
"We had a drink together, over the phone"
"Here's one I sorta like..."
1/4 ccider viniegar
1/4 cfinely choped onion
3 Tbspbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspdry mustard
1 tspliquid smoke flavoring
1 tspchili powder
2 or 3 lbribs (deer, elk, antelope, pork, beef, moose, or whatever)
How to Make Will Dodge's Oven Barbecued Venison Ribs
- Venison Ribs: Extra step: Boil ribs in water first..and after boiling, one could let the water cool after the boiling part and skim off the fat after in collects on the top. I've done that. I've let them set until the fat coagulates on top and skimmed it off with a pancake spatula. Drain ribs.
Beef or Pork ribs:Follow directions below. no need to do extra step.
- In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Mix well. The sauce does a lot for the meat.
In Dutch oven, combine ribs, 2 cups water with 3/4 cups of sauce, reserving remaining sauce.
Heat rib mixture to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover.
- Simmer until ribs until ribs are tender, about one hour, rearrangeing ribs once or twice.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange ribs in roasting pan and brush with sauce.
Bake 10 minutes and turn ribs over and brush with more sauce.
Bake 10 minutes longer. Serve with remaining sauce.
- "Actually I just dump all the remaining sauce on the second time and let 'em bubble in it. That heats the sauce and one can spoon it into a serving bowl when the bibs are served."
"Have plenty of napkins available." "Enjoy...."