Wild Boar Sauce Picante
- wild boar leg
- 1 c
- vegtable oil
- 8 c
- chicken stock (i think this is about a gallon they wrote sh$#load of chicken broth,remember many men drinking and cooking lol)
- 12 oz cans diced tomato
- 12oz cans tomato sauce
- chopped garlic cloves
- chopped and seeded jalapenos
- lemons squeezed and a little grated lemon zest
- bay leaves
- 1 c
- dark roux( im sure they had it in a jar but you can make your own, just cook it till its good and dark)
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper (more if desired)
- creole seasoning to taste
How to Make Wild Boar Sauce Picante
- 1Season Boar with salt, pepper, and tonys if desired.
heat oil in a LARGE stock pot ..really hot. Sear Boar until brown on all sides.
- 2Add chicken stock. Bring to boil and reduce to medium heat. Cook 1 1/2 -2 hours or until falling off the bone. Remove boar from stock..saving stock . Remove meat from the bone cutting in small peices. Set boar aside
- 3Add to stock-- the trinity, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, garlic, jalapenoes, lemon juice and zest, bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.simmer for 30 min.
- 4Stir in roux until smooth..stir well. simmer for another 30 min.
- 5Add boar and simmer until it is heat(10 min or so) discard bay leaves
- 6Serve over steamed rice