My grand mom was German she made it with a brown gravy, I did not but you can if you feel the need , I just squeezed fresh lemon over them. Here is my version, I had some left over stove top stuffing which made a great seasoned bread crumbs. I served this with home made herb spaetzles, will post the receipt later.
- 1 1/2 lb
- thinly sliced veal cutlet
- 1 pkg
- stove top stuffing
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- canola oil
How to Make Wiener Schnitzel
- 1Place the cutlet between two pieces of wax paper and pound each one separately, until about 1/4" thin, I use a heavy bottom frying pan...helps after a stressful day :)
- 2Place the dry package of stove top stuffing in the food processor until you have bread crumbs, place them in a dipping bowl, pour the flour in separate dipping bowl, add egg and water together is a separate bowl and whisk.
- 3Heat the oil in a frying pan to 350 degrees.
- 4First dip the veal in the flour then the egg mixture, next in the bread crumbs, and fry in the oil a few mins on each side. squeeze a bit of lemon juice over them and serve with homemade spaetzle.