Welsh Rarebit for Grandpa Woods
- 8 slice
- crusty bread, buttered and browned under the broiler
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- whole milk
- 1/2 c
- 1 heaping tsp
- dry mustard, i prefer coleman's
- 1/2 tsp
- paprika, sweet mild
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 c
- extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 large
- egg yolk
- fresh chives for garnish
How to Make Welsh Rarebit for Grandpa Woods
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
Sprinkle in flour and whisk together until combined. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- 2Pour in milk and beer, whisking constantly, and cook for an additional minute. Add mustard, paprika, and cayenne and whisk.
Add cheese and whisk slowly, cooking for a couple of minutes or until smooth, melted, and very hot.
- 3Remove from heat and whisk in egg yolk,
Serve immediately (while hot) over toast. Sprinkle with chopped chives before serving.