Very Irish Stew
- 1 1/2 lb
- lamb meat for stewing
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 4 c
- water (i use 2 cups of chicken broth and 2 of water)
- 2 c
- sliced potatoes, bakers are best for their floury texture.
- med. onion, sliced
- 1/2 c
- sliced carrot
- 1/2 c
- cubed turnip
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- each of dried marjoram and thyme
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- minced parsley, fresh
How to Make Very Irish Stew
- 1In a Dutch oven, brown lamb in oil over medium-high heat.
Add water and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2Add the potatoes, onion, carrot, turnip and seasonings.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the flour and milk until smooth; stir into stew.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Happy St. Patrick's Day!