VENISON STEAKS WITH GRAVY
Rev BJ Friley
- 1/3 c
- plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- boneless venison loin steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 3/4 c
- milk or cream
How to Make VENISON STEAKS WITH GRAVY
- 1Combine 1/3 cup flour, pepper, salt, and paprika in a shallow pan.
- 2Dredge steaks in the mixture.
- 3Melt butter over low heat in a non-stick skillet.
- 4Add steaks and cook until browned and to desired doneness, turning steaks over once.
- 5Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- 6Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of flour and the milk in a small bowl.
- 7Whisk this mixture into the skillet drippings.
- 8Cook over low/medium heat for 3 minutes or until gravy bubbles.
- 9Stir constantly!
- 10Cook for 1 additional minute, continuing to stir.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Serve gravy over steaks.