VENISON STEAKS WITH GRAVY
Rev BJ Friley
1/3 cplus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
3/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
4boneless venison loin steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
1 3/4 cmilk or cream
How to Make VENISON STEAKS WITH GRAVY
- Combine 1/3 cup flour, pepper, salt, and paprika in a shallow pan.
- Dredge steaks in the mixture.
- Melt butter over low heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Add steaks and cook until browned and to desired doneness, turning steaks over once.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of flour and the milk in a small bowl.
- Whisk this mixture into the skillet drippings.
- Cook over low/medium heat for 3 minutes or until gravy bubbles.
- Stir constantly!
- Cook for 1 additional minute, continuing to stir.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve gravy over steaks.