veggie love sandwich
My 15yr old son, who hates anything veggie, or healthy in any way loves these sandwiches so much he asks me at least once a week to make him one. this from the kid who thinks a well balanced diet is spaghetti, fried chicken, burgers.
- 2 slice
- multigrain bread(w/wheat berries, and sunflower seeds is my fave)
- 1 Tbsp
- mayo or plain yogurt
- 2 slice
- swiss or havarti cheese
- avocado, sliced thick
- tomato, sliced thick
- alfalfa (or some other hearty) sprouts
- 2-3 slice
- red onion
- cucumber (optional) sliced thin and peeled
- 1/2 tsp
- spicy or whole grain mustard
How to Make veggie love sandwich
- 1spread mayo and mustard on bread slices...however much you like, but don't overpower with the mustard.
- 2on one side, apply a thick layer of sprouts. Then a couple slices of tomato, one slice of cheese, and your cucumber if you are using it.
- 3the other side lay one slice of cheese, your onion slices,and your avocado slices.
- 4put halves together. spear with 2 toothpicks to secure, slice in half. Enjoy.