Vegetarian Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 largepeppers, halved and seeded
1/2 cshredded cheese, your favorite kind, i prefer american
1 pkgfrozen mixed vegetables, partially thawed
1/4 cseasoned bread crumbs
1 Tbspbutter softened
How to Make Vegetarian Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
- Place cleaned peppers in a pot, cover with water, bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes
- remove peppers and place in a sprayed baking dish, cut side up
- Mix cheese and vegetables together and divide evenly between the 4 pepper shells (season with salt and pepper to your liking)
- Mix bread crumbs with softened butter and sprinkle over each pepper, divided evenly
Sprinkle with paprika
- Bake in pre heated 400 degree oven 15 minutes or until vegetables are heated thru and crumbs are lightly browned.
- Serve alone or over hot cooked pasta or steamed rice.