- 5 can(s)
- chicken broth
- 2 pkg
- frozen turnip greens without turnips
- 1 pkg
- diced smoked ham (john morrell) is what i use
- salt, pepper, and garlic to taste
- 1 large
- onion diced
- 2 large
- potatoes diced small
- 2 can(s)
- great northern beans
How to Make Turnip Green Soup
- 1Pour chicken broth in large boiler or dutch oven, add greens with salt, pepper, and garlic to taste (do not use too much salt for the broth is sometimes salty).
- 2Cook greens until almost done, about 30 minutes.Add ham and potatoes and cook until potatoes are tender. Add the beans in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- 3Serve hot with either fried or baked cornbread with lots of butter! Warms the soul on a cold winter day!