Turkey & Pork Meat Ta Balls
1 lbground pork
20 ozground turkey, italian style
1/2 cchopped onion
1/4 cparmesan cheese, use a high quality cheese
2 cloveroasted garlic 2-4 cloves or to your tase
1/2 cpanko bread crumbs, italian style
1 jar(s)spaghetti sauce, or homemade
How to Make Turkey & Pork Meat Ta Balls
- roast garlic & saute your onion to your liking let cool, beat egg with roasted garlic and onion. I do this so it will incorporate better.
- get your sauce ready on the stove heat to a gentle simmer covered.
- gently mix your turkey & pork together one of the tricks to a light meatloaf or ball is to mix the meat as gently as possible no firm squishing allowed, I just use my fingers like i am tossing a salad.
- gently mix in your egg, garlic and onion, now gently fold in your cheese and panko or bread crumbs. I have to confess I do not measure my cheese or panko so this is approximate. add just enough filler (bread) so it will just hold together lightly, the cheese a little more or less will not hurt this.
- roll into the size balls your family desires, gently drop into sauce, you will not brown these and want them to cook low and slow.
- serve with your favorite past or make a meatball sub last night I grilled some eggplant and put a ball on top with some sauce and sprinkled some cheese ended up with eggplant parm with out all the breading
- my times are subject on how fast you move or if you have done your onions and garlic the day before I do. I found they did not need anymore spices or herbs as the panko had it included as did the meat and the sauce. you can add leeks, mushrooms, whatever you like just do not over power the meat.
- Tip: of course you can eat this now but I prefer to eat this the second day just so the flavors marry. I will also take several paper towels and lay them across the top of the sauce a couple of times as you will find the pork has let off some fat, the towels will grab right onto the fat with out pulling off much sauce at all. this is not necessary but at the end of the day if it taste good with out fat why eat it.