True Bangers and Mash with Onion Gravy
6links pork sausage
2 lbpotatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tspdry mustard
·salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 largeonions, chopped
6 cbeef broth
2 cred wine
How to Make True Bangers and Mash with Onion Gravy
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
Cook the sausage links in a skillet over medium-low heat until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per side; transfer to an oven-safe dish and move to the preheated oven to keep warm.
- Place potatoes into a saucepan over medium heat, cover with water, and boil gently until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two
- Mix in 1/4 cup of butter, milk, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper; mash until fluffy and smooth. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook the onions until translucent and just starting to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Pour in the beef broth and red wine; boil the mixture down to about half its volume, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, place a sausage onto a serving plate with about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes. Pour the onion gravy over the sausage and potatoes.