Too Easy Hot Dish
Ms Fluke publishes many, many good and fun recipes in her books, and the characters become good friends.
- 1-1/2 lb
- uncooked, lean ground meat (you can use hamburger, pork, chicken, turkey, lean sausage, or venison - any ground meat will do.) (you can also used leftover meat cut in small pieces.)
- 2 can(s)
- cream of anything soup (i like cream of mushroom the best.)
- 1 lb
- package frozen potato nuggets (i have also used french fries cut into pieces and hash browns. they worked equally well for me.)
- 1 c
- shredded cheese (again, i have used several different cheeses, and i sometimes mix the cheeses in the same dish)
How to Make Too Easy Hot Dish
- 1Spray a 9 inch x 13 inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. (I have also just lightly greased my pan with cooking oil or shortening.)
- 2Put the meat in the bottom of the pan; spread it out as evenly as you can. Spread it out with your hands or the back of a spatula.
- 3Add the two cans of cream of anything soup on top of the meat. Spread the soup evenly. (Use the soup fully condensed; DO NOT DILUTE.)
- 4Put the frozen potatoes on top of the soup in a single layer and spread out evenly.
- 5Spread cheese evenly over the potatoes.
- 6Place, uncovered in a 400 degrees F. oven. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until the potatoes on top are browned and crispy. (If you use a glass pan, it may bake a little faster.)
- 7NOTE: I season the meat before I add it, and I season my potatoes before adding them. I don't usually add much salt, but I do add a little to the meat and potatoes. We like LOTS of garlic, so I add garlic and onions to the meat.