☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 8 Tbsp
- butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 2/3 c
- 3 lb
- tomatoes, peeled, seeded and sliced thick
- 3 Tbsp
- basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 lb
- white chedder cheese, shredded
- 2/3 c
FOR THE PASTRY
FOR THE FILLING
How to Make Tomato Pie
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Make Pastry:
Combine flour and baking powder and whisk.
- 3Drop in the butter and cut into the flour until mixture is the size of small peas. Dump onto counter and knead to work in the dry flour.
- 4Divide dough in half. Roll one half until it is large enough to fit in 10-inch pie plate.
- 5Make the Filling:
Mix the tomatoes with the basil and half the cheddar.
- 6Place evenly in the pastry. Spread the tomatoes with the mayo and top with remaining cheese.
- 7Roll out remaining dough and top the pie. Trim the top and bottom crusts, leaving no hang over.