☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE PASTRY
2 tspbaking powder
8 Tbspbutter, cut into pieces and chilled
FOR THE FILLING
3 lbtomatoes, peeled, seeded and sliced thick
3 Tbspbasil, fresh, chopped
1/4 lbwhite chedder cheese, shredded
How to Make Tomato Pie
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make Pastry:
Combine flour and baking powder and whisk.
- Drop in the butter and cut into the flour until mixture is the size of small peas. Dump onto counter and knead to work in the dry flour.
- Divide dough in half. Roll one half until it is large enough to fit in 10-inch pie plate.
- Make the Filling:
Mix the tomatoes with the basil and half the cheddar.
- Place evenly in the pastry. Spread the tomatoes with the mayo and top with remaining cheese.
- Roll out remaining dough and top the pie. Trim the top and bottom crusts, leaving no hang over.