Toasted Sourdough Sandwich
- 2 slice
- sourdough bread or french roll
- butter or margarine
- parmesan cheese
- fat free italian dressing
- 3 slice
- black forest ham
- lettuce, tomato, onion, bell pepper, banana peppers from a jar, pepper jack cheese
How to Make Toasted Sourdough Sandwich
- 1Turn on broiler (can also be done in a non-stick frying pan, no need to use spray oil).
- 2Butter one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle parmesan on and spread around to cover butter completely. If using french roll, apply to inside.
- 3Place in broiler or upside down in pan (on medium high). Brown cheese so it becomes as evenly brown and toasted as possible, but not black. Take care to watch it closely, once it starts to toast it can burn quickly. Remove to plate with non toasted side up for 10-15 seconds so it won't get steamed and soggy.
- 4Turn over and lightly drizzle italian dressing over toasted side. Dip tip of knife in mayonnaise (about 1/4-1/2 tsp) and spread into dressing. It will mix as you continue to spread. Add additional mayonnaise if needed to be able to cover surface.
- 5Lay 3 slices black forest ham on one side. Add optional items if desired.
- 6Cover with other side, so that untoasted sides are out, and cut diagonally.
- 7Hint - If using cheese, add to one side before drizzling dressing. Microwave for 20 seconds. Put dressing and mayonnaise on other slice only. Can also mix 1/4 cup italian dressing and 1/4 cup mayonnaise to use instead of mixing on the bread...if any is left, it won't go to waste...can be used to make another sandwich, or on a salad.