Ham, berries, mascarpone cheese all combine to create a phenomenal taste that can't be denied!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oh wow, I love the blend of flavors in this scrumptious sandwich. The clove butter made the bread tasty. And mascarpone with the berries gave a sweet taste mixed with the savory ham. Just delightful! The Test Kitchen
8 slicefrench bread , sliced 1/2 in thick
1/4 cunsalted butter, room temp
1/8 Tbspground cloves
8 ozmascarpone cheese
1 cwhole blackberries
1 Tbspwhite sugar
8 ozdeli sliced smoked ham
How to Make The Matilda
- Preheat oven to 350, place ham in baking dish and set in oven to heat.
- Mix together butter and cloves. Set aside.
- Beat mascarpone and vanilla with electric mixer and the whisk attachment until fluffy. Set aside.
- Place blackberries and sugar in food processor and process until berries have broken down and are combined with sugar. Set aside.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Spread ½ tablespoon on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread, butter side down, in skillet and cook until golden.
- Remove ham from oven as soon as you are ready to assemble sandwiches.
- Lay 4 slices bread, toasted side down, and on each slice arrange 2 ounces ham, 1/4 cup mascarpone mixture, 1 tablespoon blackberry mixture and second slice of bread (butter side up), in that order.
- makes 4. enjoy!