Ham, berries, mascarpone cheese all combine to create a phenomenal taste that can't be denied!
- 8 slice
- french bread , sliced 1/2 in thick
- 1/4 c
- unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/8 Tbsp
- ground cloves
- 8 oz
- mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- whole blackberries
- 1 Tbsp
- white sugar
- 8 oz
- deli sliced smoked ham
How to Make The Matilda
- 1Preheat oven to 350, place ham in baking dish and set in oven to heat.
- 2Mix together butter and cloves. Set aside.
- 3Beat mascarpone and vanilla with electric mixer and the whisk attachment until fluffy. Set aside.
- 4Place blackberries and sugar in food processor and process until berries have broken down and are combined with sugar. Set aside.
- 5Preheat skillet over medium heat. Spread ½ tablespoon on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread, butter side down, in skillet and cook until golden.
- 6Remove ham from oven as soon as you are ready to assemble sandwiches.
- 7Lay 4 slices bread, toasted side down, and on each slice arrange 2 ounces ham, 1/4 cup mascarpone mixture, 1 tablespoon blackberry mixture and second slice of bread (butter side up), in that order.
- 8makes 4. enjoy!