Thai Green Curry with Chicken and Eggplant
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 3-4 Tbsp
- green curry paste
- 1 can(s)
- coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- palm sugar
- 1 tsp
- fish sauce
- 3/4 c
- green beans, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 slice
- galangal 1/8 inch thick
- 3 stalk(s)
- lemongrass, bruised, cut into 3 inch pieces
- fresh turmeric, 2 inches long, sliced
- kaffir lime leaves, fresh or frozen
- 1 lb
- boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in to bite-sized pieces
- japanese eggplant, cut in 3/4 inch slices
- 1 c
- kabocha squash, cut in bite sized pieces
- 3/4 c
- thai basil leaves
- lime wedges, for garnish
- red thai chiles, cut in rings, for garnish
- kaffir lime leaves, jullienned for garnish
How to Make Thai Green Curry with Chicken and Eggplant
- 1In a heavy-bottomed dutch oven, heat the oil. Add the curry paste and stir until fragrant. Careful not to let it burn.
- 2Pour half the can of coconut milk into the curry and whisk to combine. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced by about half - about 3-5 minutes. The coconut milk may separate - that's ok.
- 3Add the remaining coconut milk, plus the broth, sugar, fish sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and let cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Add the green beans, galangal slices, lemongrass pieces, turmeric, and Kaffir leaves. Bring to a simmer and let cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Add the chicken, stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and let cook 3 minutes. Add the kabocha squash and eggplant. Bring to a simmer again and let cook until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Don't let the squash overcook, as it will get mushy and fall apart!
- 6Remove the curry from the heat. Season to taste with more sugar and fish sauce, if necessary. Add the basil.
- 7Ladle into large serving bowls. Remove the galangal slices, lemongrass, and Kaffir leaves. Or - leave them but inform your guests not to eat them! Garnish with the kaffir leaf chiffonade and red chiles. Serve with lime wedges alongside and a bowl of hot jasmine rice.