Tex-Mex stuffed pepper
3 or 4 largebell peppers
1 smallcan re-fried beans
3 to 4 slicewedges silly cow cheese your flavor choice
1 lbground meat
1 smallcan ro-tel tomato and green chili diced
3 to 4 slicewedges laughing cow cheese
3 cshredded cheese, your choice
How to Make Tex-Mex stuffed pepper
- It took 3 large peppers to us all my ground meat. I sliced 2 at the top and 1 in half. I recommend the half slice, and starting with 2 peppers.
- place peppers in a preheated 400 degree oven open side down for about 20 minutes, then remove from oven.
- While peppers get tender, brown the ground meat, season with salt pepper, and garlic powder, and drain if needed. Add Ro-tel tomatoes and chili to the ground meat. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the liquid is gone.
- spread a liberal amount of the re-fried beans to bottom and sides of pepper.
- Add 1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese per pepper or pepper half , on top of the beans.( use your fingers to spread)
- add meat mixture, pile it high.
- Add additional cow cheese on top of the meat mixture. Crumple it all over the top in medium chunks.
- place in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, then add shredded cheese and return to oven for 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving.