Tasty & Easy Chili Rellenos Casserole
I usually serve it with flour tortillas, pinto, refried, or ranch-style beans, sour cream and Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Chilis, or salsa.
1 1/2 cmonterey jack cheese, grated
1 1/2 ccheddar cheese, grated
2 can(s)mild diced green chilis, or 1 mild and 1 jalapeno diced chilis
1/2 to 1 lbground beef, browned and drained (optional)
1 can(s)evaporated milk (5 oz)
How to Make Tasty & Easy Chili Rellenos Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease casserole dish.
- In pan, layer 1/2 of chilis, cheese and ground beef (if using) in the casserole. Repeat layers.
- Beat together well the eggs, canned milk, and flour. Pour over the cheese mixture. (If you feel additional liquid is desired, add a small amount of whole milk).
- Bake, uncovered, for about 35 minutes. Serve topped with desired condiments.
- *The ground beef makes it a bit heartier, but it can be successfully served as a main or side dish without it. Also, if omitting ground beef, another meat - such as chorizo - can be served on the side, if desired.
*Let your own preference decide if the 2nd can of chilis will be mild or jalapeno.